Snapper/Grouper Oscar Florida Style
This is a Florida version of the traditional dish 'Grouper Oscar' but contains a creamy tropical sauce as well as the shrimp that make the dish!
- 4 lbs. Snapper or Grouper
- Everglades Heat Seasoning
- Indian River Orange Juice
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1 package sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 lb. diced shrimp
- 1 tsp fresh Basil
- 3Tbsp flour
- 1 C India River Orange juice
- 1/4 C heavy whipping cream
- Heat a frying pan to med-high and put vegetable oil in the pan.
- Slice the Mutton Snapper or Grouper fillets into nice thick 6 oz pieces.
- Sprinkle each side with the everglades heat seasoning, use sparingly, it is hot but very flavorful.
- Place the fillets in the pan to cook, 'blackening' each side.
- In a second medium saucepan you will prepare the sauce. Place the butter and mushrooms into the pan and saute until tender. Add the fresh basil and sprinkle with the everglades seasoning.
- Turn the heat down and add the shrimp. Stir until shrimp are cooked.
- In a glass measuring cup, whisk the flour and 1 C. orange juice. This is your rue.
- Pour 2 C. orange juice directly into the saucepan with the mushrooms and shrimp. Add the cream. Slowly add the rue, stirring continually until the sauce is thickened.
- Plate the blackened fish and pour the sauce over the fish. Enjoy!
- This can served over mashed potatoes and with a side of green beans or asparagus.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 121
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 13g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.