- 4 lbs Mutton Snapper
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C. Milk
- 3 tsp. key lime juice
- 2 C. Flour
- 3 Tbsp. Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 box Panko breadcrumbs
- 6oz. Macadamia Nuts chopped in a food processor
- Oil for frying
- Prepare the egg wash by mixing the eggs, milk, and key lime juice together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, seafood magic, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the panko breadcrumbs and macadamia nuts into a third bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil to 300 degrees.
- Cut the fish into 4 oz. pieces.
- Dip the fish into the egg wash, then in the seasoned flour. Let sit on a plate until all the fish pieces are coated.
- Dip the fish back in the egg wash ( you might need to make more ) and then immediately press into the panko breadcrumbs. Rotate the piece of fish on all sides making sure that the panko coats evenly. Set on a plate and refrigerate for 15 minutes. This solidifies the coating and makes for better frying.
- Time to fry. The fish will take approximately 2 minutes to cook. Watch for a light brown color of the breadcrumbs. Place on paper towels to drain.
- This fish goes great with the Key Lime Beurre Blanc sauce and a side of asparagus.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 258
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 38g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.